Sunday, September 14, 2008

I've Been Tagged...Five Ways Blogging Has Affected Me...

Grace Comes by Hearing tagged me.



Here are the rules:

1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.

2. Link back to the person who tagged you.

3. Link back to this parent post.

4. Tag a few friends, or five, or none at all.

5. Post these rules- or just have fun breaking them!



FIVE WAYS BLOGGING HAS AFFECTED ME:



1. One of the biggest- and best - ways that blogging has affected me is that I have been able to keep in touch with my family. Having moved over 5 hours away from the family I used to live down the street from, the adjustment was not easy! But my dad, mom, grandma, and sister all have blogs, so I feel like I am able to keep up with what is going on in their lives in a fun way. My aunt and two of my cousins also have blogs, so I am able to keep up with family I haven't seen in a while as well. And, it feels more personal than emailing.



2. I have also met some new people through blogging. There are people out there in the world that I have things in common with that I never would have known about without blogging. I see it as just on more way to make the world a smaller place!



3. I have always loved to journal, and I have always seen the benefit of keeping one. Unfortunately, I have not always been good at keeping up with one. Through blogging, I feel like I am keeping a journal, just in a different way. And an added bonus is that this way people get to comment and give me feedback on my thoughts- unlike the journal that sits on the shelf and is never read again once closed. Or, the one that would have sat there had I ever kept it.



4. Being able to connect with other teachers, and share ideas with one another, and bounce ideas around has been a huge benefit of being a blogger. Of course there are teachers within my building and district that I can share ideas and strategies with, but being able to share with others who aren't in my school, district, or even my state, is like a breath of fresh air! And it is pretty cool to use an idea from a blogging buddy, and then see teachers from my school adopt it, too. I hope some of my ideas will be used in classrooms somewhere out there, too!



5. One of the neatest ways that I have been affected by blogging is that I feel like I see the world through a new pair of eyes now. It's one thing to experience something really neat, or scary, or funny, or exciting... and take pictures to remember it. It's a whole different thing entirely to view that same neat/scary/funny/exciting experience as "blog fodder" (as my mom says). The pictures you take are different, the way you react to it is different, the way you remember it is different. If you are a blogger, you know exactly what I am talking about! You just see the world in a different way when you are looking for post material!



That's all from me...now it's your turn. I tag:



1. Mom

2. Krissy

3. August

4. Aunt Bev

5. Grandma

5 comments:

Dawn said...

It's so true - that is one of the first things I realized - everything you see becomes blog fodder, and you see things so differently, and pictures mean so much more. What a fun adventure. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Barb said...

Now you know why everyone teases me because just about everything I see or do becomes fodder for the blog. LOL

I think it's great you're connecting with other teachers through your blog. There's no such thing as too many new ideas!

xoxo
Mom

PS - thanks for tagging me, I think. :-)

Tracey said...

Thanks for playing along. God Bless!

Gretchen said...

Well, I for one, am happy to see your posts come up on my reader. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, Mandy. Blessings.

Gretchen said...

Where are you, sweet Mandy?

Blessings. Gretchen