Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Back...

You're probably wondering what I'm doing here. I know, it's been well over a year (okay, almost two years) since the last time I posted. So why, after so much silence, would I suddenly return with a new blog? Well, it's NOT because I am any less busy than I was last time dropped off Planet Blog. Ok, so most of you know I am a teacher on summer break. But that doesn't mean I'm not busy! Did you know that Desperate Housewives has four seasons out on DVD? Four! And I have only until August 14th to get through them. And do you have any idea how many books Jodi Picoult has written? Well, it's a lot! Seriously, I have no heart-felt, lengthy explanation at all. I just missed it. I read my mom's blog daily, and I realize how much that makes me feel connected with my family now that I only see them every few months. So, I thought I would give it another try. That's all.

However, before I go any further, I have to add a little disclaimer for all who choose to view my blog:

I under no circumstances promise not to disappear again from time to time. If for some reason you become concerned about my well-being or current vitals, please check a calendar (or ask my mom- she'll know). If it is report card time, conference season, or the CSAP testing window, do not be alarmed or surprised. Rest assured that I am simply nowhere near a computer that doesn't belong to Weld County Schools.

Also, please do not be alarmed if the content of my blog is nowhere near the current standards for excitement. I spend a majority of my time in a fifth grade classroom. Don't get me wrong- my days are filled with excitement (not always a good thing with fifth graders, if you know what I mean). It's just that I can only say and post so much about children that don't belong to me, you know? That being said, I will try to be as exciting as I can.

One last thing.... In my defense, I did say in my very first post ever on my old blog, that I tend to put things off from time to time. Remember? It is part of the reason I named my first blog what I did (In a Moment). Well, let's just say that I REALLY procrastinated this post, and leave it at that!

4 comments:

Barb said...

OK, now you've created a whole new blog, moved this post from your old blog to this one and my comment (and Grandma Judy's comment) disappeared.

:-)

It's fun to have you back and I'll help you get this new blog url out there.

xoxoxo
Mom

Girl Raised in the South said...

Hello sweet Mandy, I'm tickled to pieces that I'll be able to keep up with you better. Whenever you have time works just great with me. xooxox Aunt Bev

Dawn said...

I'm glad I came over and checked on you - the last time I read your post, I hadn't met you and/or your sweet hubby!

I hope you're having a great summer - it'll be school time in the blink of an eye!

Gretchen said...

Hi Mandy,

It's so cool to be able to keep up with another one of the gals in your family. Welcome back to blogging. I was mostly raised in Fort Collins, so the Weld Cty schools are just a skip from where I used to live. In fact, my FIL moved his family (my hubs) to FC by way of Kodak in Windsor.

Blessings to you. Good luck w/finishing DH. :)